The Academic Standards policy is implemented through the Academic Advising Office and coordinated by the Academic Standards Advisor. The Academic Advising Office is responsible for developing criteria for identifying students in academic difficulty and strategies to notify and assist them. The academic standing of students will be posted online to their SLCC unofficial academic transcript. It will not appear on the official transcript.
- One-on-one in-depth academic and career advising sessions
- Discuss challenges and strategies toward academic success
- Review short and long term goals
- Calculate your potential GPA to help return it to a 2.0 GPA
- Assist you with completing forms for academic-related appeals
- Provide academic success workshops and informational materials
- Refer you to on and off campus resources
- Contact students who are experiencing difficulty in the classroom when referred by instructors (Early Academic Notification Program)
- Academic Standards intervention
- Academic Success Workshops presented online and in-person
- Academic Boosters in-person and in the classroom
If you need academic help, please don't hesitate to contact us!