Academic and Career Advising
Academic Achievement Center
Helping Students Succeed!
A Division of Academic and Career Advising
The two-fold mission of the Academic Achievement Center is to:
1) Assist our students to meet their academic grade point average (GPA) requirements toward graduation, and 2) Recognize and celebrate high academic achievements of students.
- One-to-one in-depth academic and career advising sessions.
- Discuss challenges and strategies toward academic success
- Review short and long term goals
- Calculate students' potential GPA to help bring them back to a 2.0 GPA
- Assistance completing forms for academic related appeals
- Provide academic success workshops and informational materials such as study skills brochures, etc.
- Refer students to on and off campus resources
- Provide special tuition waivers for promising students
- Contact students who are experiencing difficulty in the classroom – when referred by the instructor.
- Celebrate high achievements with certificates and an annual reception
- Academic Standards
- President’s and Dean’s Lists
- Annual President’s and Dean’s Lists Recognition Reception
- Early Academic Notification Program