Academic and Career Advising
What Does The Campbell Interest & Skills Survey(SII) Assessment Provide?
- It is an assessment that measures self-report vocational interests and skills.
- Although similar to traditional interesting inventories, the assessment interests’ scales reflect your attraction for specific occupational areas.
- Adds parallel skill scales that can provide estimates of your confidence in your in your ability to perform various occupation activities.
- Professional interpretation.
General Assessment Instructions
- Complete the assessment when you are relaxed and comfortable.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Plan for about one hour without interruptions. Your results may become skewed if you feel rushed.
- Try not to ponder the questions; make your choice based on your first reaction. These assessments identify your "innate" preferences or choices.
- Take off your work, spouse, and/or parent "hat"; make your selections without thinking about "who" you think you should be.
- If you cannot make a decision on a choice, skip it. This assessment is a sorting mechanism, not a measurement tool. Skipping a question or two will not affect your results (Is this true for all assessments?)
- There is no pass/fail mechanism on these assessments.
Contact Academic and Career Advising by phone at 801-957-4978 to have your assessment set up.
Please call (801) 957-4978 to have your interpretation scheduled for an appointment with our Career Counselor/Advisor. Please have your receipt number ready to verify payment. For further information, you may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!