Child Care Assistance
The Child Care Voucher Assistance Program supports low income students by supplementing the cost of child care. The vouchers currently serve the needs of students at any licensed child care facility. The vouchers are used to help assist with the cost of licensed child care while the student/ parent attends school. The voucher does not cover the full cost of childcare, except in rare circumstances. A parent students’ eligibility is based on their financial aid eligibility and the number of credit hours in which they are enrolled. The maximum amount awarded is $700 per semester per student or family. Vouchers are funded by students through the use of student fees.
- Must be PELL grant eligible.
- Cannot be receiving any other form of child care assistance. *Some exceptions may apply.
- Unlicensed relative providers are not eligible.
- Child must currently be enrolled at a licensed child care facility.
- *If reapplying, student is ineligible for next semester’s voucher if money is owed to the provider for tuition not paid by the student.
- Students must notify this office if child(ren) is/are withdrawn from the providers care, if the student withdraws from classes or any other changes in eligibility status previously mentioned occur.
- Maximum funding amount is $700 per semester per student.
- Can be used for licensed child care both on and off campus.
- Awards are made after the third week of each new semester.
- Payment is made directly to the child care provider.
- All credit hours will be verified throughout the semester. Credit hours must be maintained throughout the semester to avoid loss of funds.
- The child care provider will be asked to verify attendance of the child during the semester.
- Funds are awarded on a first come first served basis.
- Children must currently be enrolled at a fully licensed child care facility in order to apply. Applications cannot be approved prior to enrollment.
Child Care Programs on Salt Lake Community College campus sites:
Steps to apply:
- Fill out application.
- A copy of the contract with the child care provider must be included with submitted application.
- A copy of the SLCC student schedule must be submitted with application.
- Submit application and copy of contract by fax to 801-997-3070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are applicants notified if they received an assistance voucher?
Applicants will be notified by email or telephone as soon as their application has been processed.