Salt Lake Community College Concurrent Enrollment and the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) require CE high school adjunct teachers to submit a syllabus for each course on an annual basis.
Before high school starts, CE high school adjunct teachers will submit the course syllabus through MyCE for liaison review and approval. A syllabus is submitted for each course, each year. If the syllabus is not approved, the liaison works with the CE high school adjunct teacher to make the necessary changes before re-submitting it through MyCE.
Liaisons are responsible for providing an up-to-date college syllabus and curriculum information to the CE high school adjunct teacher. A syllabus template is also available to assist the adjunct teacher. The CE high school syllabus should reflect the information on the college syllabus and CCO.
CE high school adjunct teachers are required to list the following information on their syllabus for accreditation purposes:
- Title should include “Salt Lake Community College” or “SLCC”, “Concurrent Enrollment” or “CE” and the course title and number that matches the college course;
- Name of high school and teacher;
- A course description that exactly matches that of the college;
- Course objectives that match those at the college;
- Evidence that students are assessed in the same way as their college counterparts. For example, if students at the college are assessed primarily using exams, the high school syllabus should show that exams count for the majority of their grade;
- A grading scale that is the same as the college;
- Any other information regarding assignments, and curriculum that is pertinent to the course.
Updates or Changes to the college Syllabus: When changes are made to the curriculum or to the syllabus by the SLCC department, the liaison should forward these changes to the CE high school adjunct teachers and upload an updated syllabus to MyCE.