Step 3 - Designate a CE Coordinator
Schools who sign a contract to offer concurrent enrollment opportunities at their high school will need to designate an individual at the high school to serve as the primary point of contact for all concurrent enrollment activities at the high school.
The CE coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the new and ongoing course proposal process for CE adjunct teachers and assuring that the forms are submitted on time to the appropriate persons.
- Assuring that the high school is in compliance with SLCC CE policies and procedures.
- Assuring that CE students meet all necessary prerequisites outlined under “Step 1 - Qualify” on the CE Student website before enrolling in a concurrent enrollment class.
- Monitoring the registration process and assuring that students meet all registration deadlines.
- Seeing that the state parent permission form is signed by all concurrent enrollment students enrolled in any concurrent enrollment course and that it is appropriately archived.
- Facilitating student course evaluations.
- Assuring that students do not take more than 15 credit hours per semester of concurrent enrollment classes.