Skip to main content

Concurrent Enrollment

Step 5: Transition to College

Finishing at SLCC After High School Graduation

Step 1 - Status Update

You will need to complete the Concurrent Enrollment Senior Graduation Information Update Form.

Step 2 - Placement Test

The college must have record of your ACT scores or Accuplacer scores before you can register.

  • ACCUPLACER scores: If you took the test at your high school or at a Salt Lake Community College campus, your scores should already be in the system. Accuplacer scores – Math scores must be less than a year old and English scores must be less than two years old.
  • ACT scores: If you requested that your ACT scores be sent to SLCC when you took the exam, your scores should be on file. If not, have an official copy of your scores sent to SLCC. ACT scores must be current, less than a year old.

For more information visit Testing Center.

Step 3 - Attend Orientation

Mandatory Orientations are offered at many different times and campus locations. This is a great way to become familiar with the campus and the services that are offered. To register for an orientation go to Student Orientation.

Step 4 - Register for Classes

Summer and Fall term registration takes place in April.
Spring term registration takes place in November.

  • When to register: Students register according to how many credits they have earned. The more credits you have, the earlier you get to register. To find out when you can register, go to MySLCC click ‘Registration Status’ under the "Registration" tab. This link will tell you what day you can register. It will also tell you if you have any holds that will stop you from registering. If you want the best choice of classes, register as soon as you are eligible.
  • How to register: You register on-line, through MySLCC, Click on the Register Tab and use the ‘Add/Drop Classes’ link.
  • Class schedule: You can find the schedule of classes being offered in MySLCC; click on the link ‘Look Up Classes’.

Step 5 - Transfer AP Credit & Concurrent Credit from Other Schools

You may have taken classes from another university or college, such as on-line classes from USU. You may also have AP scores. Those credits and scores will not automatically appear on your Salt Lake Community College transcript. You need to have all credits and scores transferred and request that they are evaluated and placed on your transcript.

Transfer Your Credits to SLCC

To get credit for classes that you’ve taken at another institution, you need to have an official transcript sent to Salt Lake Community College and request a transcript evaluation. The following information can help you with the process.

  • Go to the institution’s website, do a search for ‘Official Transcript’. Follow the directions for requesting a transcript. You can do it on-line or by visiting the institution.
  • You can request that the transcript be sent by mail to SLCC. Faxes will not be accepted. Have the transcript sent to:

    Transfer Evaluation Office
    P.O. Box 30808
    Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808 

  • If you pick up the transcript in person, it will come in a sealed envelope. Do not open it. Bring the transcript to:

    SLCC Office of the Registrar and Academic Records
    STC #270
    Taylorsville Redwood Campus 
Request a Transcript Evaluation

Having an official transcript sent to SLCC is the first step. You also have to request that the transcript be evaluated and the credit posted on your Salt Lake Community College transcript.

To request a transcript evaluation, go to the SLCC Incoming Transcripts website and follow the directions. The form may be submitted on-line.

Turning AP Scores Into Credit

When you take an AP test, you can request that the scores be sent to Salt Lake Community College. If you forgot to do that, you will need to have an official copy of the scores sent from the testing company. Have the transcript sent to:

Incoming Transcript Office
P.O. Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808

Step 6 - Meet with an Academic Advisor

Advisors can assist students to:

  • Interpret placement scores, create an educational plan and set up a class schedule,
  • Learn about career and major options as well as transfer information,
  • Locate resources available at the College Jordan Campus 801-957-6215, Taylorsville Redwood Campus 801-957-4978, or South City Campus 801-957-3361.

Step 7 - Financial Aid and Scholarships

Apply for financial aid as soon as possible. You must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The quickest way to apply is online using FAFSA on the web.

You can also contact the Salt Lake Community College Financial Aid Office at 801.957.4410. Paper applications are available at any of the Financial Aid Offices at Taylorsville Redwood, South City, Jordan or Sandy Campuses. The financial aid application priority deadline is April 1 for fall semester.


The scholarship application deadline at Salt Lake Community College is March 1, so start early. You can get an application from your high school guidance counselor’s office or off the SLCC Financial Aid website.

Step 8 - Apply for Graduation

You don’t automatically graduate from college, like you do from high school. You have to complete an application form. If you have completed 30 credits or more, you should apply for graduation. There is a $25 fee. The Application for Graduation can be obtained from Enrollment Services or from the SLCC Graduation website.

Salt Lake Community College

4600 South Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
801-957-SLCC (7522)

Student Services Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 7 pm; Friday: 8 am - pm
Enrollment Info: 801-957-4073

Technical Support

Live Chat