Concurrent Enrollment Students Page
What is CE@SLCC?
The CE@SLCC program offers high schools students from participating high schools, the opportunity to take on-campus concurrent courses between the hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm on any physical SLCC campus. CE@SLCC courses are college courses, taught by college instructors. High school students share these classes with regular adult college students. Participating high school concurrent enrollment students receive both college and high school credit for the courses offered through CE@SLCC.
Who is Eligible?
- Student must counted in the Average Daily Membership of a participating high school (a participating high school is a school that has a contract with SLCC to offer concurrent enrollment).
- Student must have completed a concurrent enrollment admissions application, paid the one-time $40 fee, and received their SLCC student ID.
- Student must have qualifying Accuplacer or ACT scores on file for required courses.
- Student must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students must be a Junior or Senior. No Sophomore appeals are allowed.
What is the Cost?
- $5.00 per credit hour
How Do I Register?
In order to register students must first obtain a registration code from their high school after discussing with their counselor the classes they are interested in participating in and whether or not they are eligible. Students participating in on-campus concurrent enrollment (CE@SLCC) must meet the course and class status pre-requisites listed on the CE Course Offerings page, as well as meet any high school pre-requisites outlined by the high school.
A schedule of available courses will be posted on this page a week or so before continuing student registration opens.
Only the courses listed on the CE@SLCC schedule are available for the reduced tuition of $5.00/credit. Students who have signed up for Early Enrollment and choose to take courses not listed on the CE@SLCC schedule will be required to pay regular SLCC tuition.
SLCC Concurrent Enrollment strongly encourages students and their parents/guardians to involve the high school counselor in selecting their courses. We suggest that students take no more than 4 college courses per semester, this includes Advanced Placement (AP), concurrent enrollment at the high school and CE@SLCC courses.
In preparation for taking CE@SLCC please complete the steps below.
Concurrent enrollment students will use the same process for registering for CE@SLCC classes as regular adult college students. This means students who have accumulated more college credit will be allowed to register first. To see a list of Spring and Fall semester registration windows for students who have earned anywhere from 0 to 45+ credits visit the SLCC academic calendar at http://www.slcc.edu/academiccalendar/.
Each course will have limited seats available, once the seats are full students are welcome to put themselves on a waiting list when they attempt to register. Please note that if you put your name on a waiting list you will be notified via your Bruinmail email if a seat becomes available. If a student has email forwarding set up through their Bruinmail account please note that notifications for waiting lists WILL NOT FORWARD from your Bruinmail email. Students will need to make sure to check their Bruinmail email several times a day to see if a seat opens up. Once a student is notified through email that a seat has opened up, that student will have 24 hours to register. If they do not register themselves during that period they will have to put themselves back on the waiting list and will be placed at the end of the line.
- For instructions on how to register visit our MyPage Course Registration Tutorial or you can download our printable MyPage Tutorials.
- For instructions on how to see how may credits you have earned visit our MyPage Tutorial on How to View Your Grades or you can download our printable MyPage Tutorials.
- To understand how to use the class schedule below you can download our CE@SLCC class schedule guide.
For USPS Mail:
Salt Lake Community College
Concurrent Enrollment, HTC
P. O. Box 30808
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0808
For Packages not Handled by USPS:
Salt Lake Community College - Central Receiving
Attn: Concurrent Enrollment, HTC
2675 South 900 West,
Salt Lake City UT 84119
High Technology Center (HTC)
3491 W 9000 S
West Jordan, UT
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM