Concurrent Enrollment Students Page
Memorandum of Understanding
When you applied for admission to Salt Lake Community College as part of the admission application you signed and agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding. The Memorandum of Understanding consists of very important information to help you be successful in your concurrent enrollment college classes. Please make sure that you understand and commit to what you are agreeing to:
Student: As a Salt Lake Community College concurrent enrollment (CE) student I understand and agree to the following:
- I am aware that SLCC CE courses are college level courses, that these classes require a level of responsibility and maturity expected from a college student, and will require rigorous academic work.
- I am aware that I or my parents will be responsible for payment of partial tuition and fees associated with concurrent enrollment classes.
- I understand that I am generating a permanent college record that will be applied to all of my higher education pursuits after I graduate from high school.
- I understand that my college grade and my high school grade will be the same.
- I understand that my CE grades may have an effect on my college financial aid.
- I am aware that the content of some SLCC CE college courses may include controversial cultural, religious, political, aesthetic and human sexuality issues and that I will be expected to engage with the material in an objective manner.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to verify that I meet the outlined prerequisites for any given concurrent enrollment course before registering for that course, and that failure to do so could result in registering for a class that I am not academically prepared for which could in turn negatively impact my final grade in that course.
- I understand that I am responsible to officially drop or withdraw from classes by the deadline listed on the CE website in the event that I am unable to or do not wish to take the class. I understand that I must obtain the instructor’s signature on the withdrawal form and submit the appropriate form to the Concurrent Enrollment Office to officially withdraw. I understand that if I fail to properly withdraw from a college class I may receive a failing grade.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to read and understand the student information found in the “Students & Parents” section of the CE website.
- I understand that as a CE student I may not enroll in more than 30 concurrent credits per year.
Parent/Guardian and Student:
I hereby certify that the answers I have provided on the SLCC college admission application are true, and I understand that providing false information on the application may result in denial of admission and/or financial aid. I agree to comply with all rules, regulations, and requirements at Salt Lake Community College. I authorize SLCC to release academic information to any organization that is providing funding for my child’s education. I understand that all transcripts submitted to SLCC become the property of the College and will not be reproduced or returned. I also understand that the application fee is non-refundable and I will be responsible for payment of all amount(s) I owe SLCC, i.e. tuition, fees, fines, parking citations, etc. I agree to make payments promptly and acknowledge that payment(s) will be applied to charges in the order determined by SLCC. I also agree to pay reasonable collection, processing and/or attorney's fees necessary to collect any outstanding balance on my account(s).
In the case where there is an educational need that will benefit the student, student information may be exchanged between High School teachers and counselors and the College Concurrent Enrollment Office. Student information may include non-directory information, which may include but is not limited to: student identification number, GPA, specific class attendance, etc.
By submitting this admission application I am confirming that I have read, understood, and accept the above SLCC CE Student Agreement. Print this page for your records and deliver a copy to your parents or guardian for their records.
For USPS Mail:
Salt Lake Community College
Concurrent Enrollment, HTC
P. O. Box 30808
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0808
For Packages not Handled by USPS:
Salt Lake Community College - Central Receiving
Attn: Concurrent Enrollment, HTC
2675 South 900 West,
Salt Lake City UT 84119
High Technology Center (HTC)
3491 W 9000 S
West Jordan, UT
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM