- Contact Us
- Find a Job
- Hot Jobs
- Job Fairs/Recruiting
- Career Workshops
- Job Search Training
- Work for Credit/Internship
- Alumni Career Services
- Info for Faculty / Staff
- Info for Employers
- On-Campus Recruiting Schedule
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Students and Alumni can register for our services by logging into your MySLCC. Find the “Student Employment Registration Form” and fill out the correct information
- Campus Life
- Student Resources
- Student Employment Registration Form
You can then visit any one of our offices to learn about and use our services.
Cooperative Education is a class that offers elective credits toward participating majors if your current employment is related to your major. You need to already be working at least 20 hours a week and there must be opportunities for you to learn new things on the job.
You will need to talk to the Cooperative Education Specialist. They will determine if you qualify and will register you for the course.
- Wendy Potter – South City Campus – 801-957-3047
- Robert Ameling – Taylorsville Redwood Campus – 801-957-4606
- Phyllis Seyler – Jordan Campus – 801-957-6242
After viewing the Career Workshops Schedule contact CSES to reserve a spot: 801-957-4014.
Once you find a job you are interested in, bring the associated job ID number with you to meet with an employment advisor.
The advisor will then review the job with you and print off all the information on how to apply for the job.
You can either contact an employment advisor directly or you can visit one of the CSES offices to schedule an appointment.
There are 3 ways to search and apply for jobs on-campus:
- Human Resources
- College Employment Portal
- Once you’ve created an account you may apply for any posted job by submitting an application through this site
- Career & Student Employment Services
- On-Campus Student Employment (OCSE)
- These positions are located on the CSES job board. Students need to be enrolled in at least 9 credits and have a GPA of at least 2.0 to be eligible
- Financial Aid
- Federal Work Study Program
- Work Study Jobs can be found through the College Employment Portal before you can apply you need to meet with a financial aid advisor to determine if you are eligible
The College has gathered all information about Career Exploration into one place the “Career Exploration and Planning Options at SLCC” page.
You may also schedule an appointment with a CSES advisor to discuss your options as well.
Jobs are typically kept on the job board for 6 weeks; at which time we will follow up with you to verify the status of your position and if you would like it keep it open or taken off the job board.
CSES will review postings with students and assist them with resume, and interviewing preparation, but will not follow up with students.
Please contact Samantha Faupula to inqurire about pricing and availability at 801-957-4660.
The Employer Sponsorship Package is an exciting opportunity that allows companies to sponsor their employment opportunities on our ten campuses located throughout the Salt Lake Valley, giving them exposure to over 60,000 students, faculty and staff. The sponsorship package includes these benefits:
- Your company's logo featured on the CSES webpage with a link to information about your company current employment opportunities.
- Your company's recruitment poster placed on CSES job boards located through our college campuses and in our Student Employment offices.
- CSES will advocate for your company’s access to SLCC’s diverse college clubs and organizations.
- CSES will advocate for your company’s participation on one of SLCC’s Program Advisory Committees, if applicable.
- Participation in SLCC job fairs twice a year at a discounted cost.
One-Year Sponsorship Cost: $1,200.00.
For more information, please contact Samantha Faupula at email@example.com.
To become a member of one of the many PACs here at the college, please contact our office directly at 801-957-4660.
Employers may recruit on the Taylorsville Redwood, Jordan, and South City Campuses, where there are designated areas for on-campus recruiting. There is a $25.00 charge per table, per visit, per campus. No selling of products is allowed. (Violators will be asked to leave campus immediately and forfeit their opportunity to recruit on campus). On-campus employment recruiting events can be scheduled up to four times per semester per campus.
If you wish to set up a table for recruiting purposes, you must:
- Complete the online Job Listing Request Form.
- Complete the On-Campus Recruiting Request Form.
- Contact the CSES office at the campus at which you would like to recruit.
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
South City Campus
Yes, faculty/staff may attend our career workshops. Please be sure to register for the workshop by calling 801-957-4014.
Faculty may request in class presentations or workshops by filling out our Workshop Request Form. Please provide at least 2 business days for a response.
We would love for you to bring your class on a tour. If you are able to let us know ahead of time we can make sure to have sufficient handouts for your students about our services.
All of our services are available to alumni and can be found on our alumni services page.
We recommend that you visit our office to receive referrals, but if you are unable to do so you may send your referral requests via email to one of our employment advisors.