Course fees are approved annually by the SLCC Cabinet and Board of Trustees and effective for the following academic/catalog year. Changes to course fees on Course Curriculum Outlines (CCOs) approved through the curriculum process are not automatically included and must be approved by the Board of Trustees.
2015-16 Course Fees Timeline
- Monday, January 5, 2015: Course fees report & instructions email sent to academic administrators
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015: Course fees proposals due to the Curriculum Office
- Monday, January 26, 2015: Course fees presented at Senate Curriculum Committee
- Monday, February 2, 2015: Course fees presented at Faculty Senate
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015: Course fees presented at SLCC Board of Trustees Meeting
Course fees should be kept to a minimum whenever possible to avoid increasing the financial burden on students. Fees should only be charged to recover expenses directly associated with individual students or to purchase materials and supplies for students when doing so provides students with a substantial cost savings. Course fee revenue should not accrue over time. Additional guidelines and examples of acceptable course fees, are available here.
A budget sample must be included for an increase in or a new course fee. It contains the proposed fee and justification based on must contain An example budget sample may be downloaded here.
Approved Fee List
The most recent list of approved course fees can be found on the Curriculum SharePoint site.