Dental Hygiene Admissions
For all admission questions please call Danielle Marble in the Academic Advising Office at 801-957-6215.
Thank you for your interest in the Salt Lake Community College's Dental Hygiene program. As the advisors, we are happy to assist you in navigating through the pre-admissions process for this program.
Before scheduling an appointment, or visiting us during our walk-in hours, please print and review the
"Fall 2015 Admissions Criteria" handout as many frequently asked questions will be answered.
To schedule an appointment with a dental hygiene advisor please call the Academic and Career Advising line on the Jordan Campus at 801-957-6215. You are also welcome to meet with a general advisor at any time, especially if you are not set on pursuing this particular degree. For other advising locations and hours please visit the Academic and Career Advising website.
Please come prepared to your advising session with a DH Advisor-
- It is highly recommended that pre-dental hygiene interested students first, apply to SLCC (complete 1-3).
- Complete the Accuplacer placement test, or submit current ACT/SAT test scores, if MATH and ENGL coursework have not been transferred to SLCC. Bring your test results with you (we are able to assist you in creating an accurate course plan having this step completed).
- Bring a government issued photo ID.
- Prepare a list of questions.
- Print and bring the "Fall 2015 Admissions Criteria" handout with you.
- Print and bring the DH Catalog page for this program.
- DH Observation form for the 40 hours, students are required to observe a dental hygienist in practice.
- Please be on time to your appointment. If you will be more than 10 minutes late please call (801) 957-6215 to reschedule your appointment.
- There is no free parking at the Jordan Campus, a day parking pass can be purchased at the courtesy desk.
- Our appointment times fill up quickly so please plan ahead.
We look forward to meeting with you and assisting you in your academic pursuits!
Health Sciences Academic and Career Advisor
Jordan Health Sciences Center Room JHS 048
3491 W. Wights Fort Road
West Jordan, UT 84088
Appts: (801) 957-6215 Office: (801) 957-6363
Health Sciences Assessment
Study Aids for the HESI Exam:
- HESI Admission Exam Study Guide (SLCC Bookstores)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Nursing Entrance Exams