School of Applied Technology Electronics Technology
The School of Applied Technology Electronics Technology Department provides training in electronics. We provide quality technical training for people who are educationally, socially, or economically disadvantaged and to people with disabilities.
Programs are oriented towards the student that may have not been successful in the past because of education, social difficulties, economics, or other disadvantages. We use technology to help you learn and we focus on hands-on activities. The programs are challenging and we take a pride in helping people succeed in these technical areas.
We provide open-entry/open-exit, competency-based, non-credit courses and provide intensive student support services.
What does this mean? You can start at the beginning of nearly any week and complete when you can demonstrate that you are competent according to the program/course competency list. Yes, you can finish early if you work hard at it or perhaps if you have a background in the subject matter. A competency is the information or skill that you must master in order to become a success in your field. Besides your instructor, we provide Instructional Advisors to further help you succeed.
The School of Applied Technology provides high-quality career and technical education to individuals seeking job skills for quick entry into the workforce.
We serve many students who vary in age, backgrounds, and interests with a wide range of career and educational goals. The School of Applied Technology provides training opportunities to help students meet their own special career plan, as our objective is always: YOUR SUCCESS!
New Student Information
Advantages to attending the School of Applied Technology are many and include:
- Weekly Enrollments - Depending on program openings, students may start immediately.
- Flexible Scheduling - Students arrange their class schedule around their own busy lifestyles.
- Low Cost - Tuition is based on $2.02 per clock hour. High school students attend tuition-free.
- Job Ready - Our programs are responsive to business and industry requirements preparing our students to enter a challenging and demanding job market.
- Career Oriented - Whatever your career and education goals are, the School of Applied Technology provides the opportunities to help make it happen!