School of Applied Technology Electronics Technology
Salt Lake Community College's School of Applied Technology Electronics Technology Department shall:
- Provide non-credit career and technical education for both secondary and adult students, with an emphasis primarily on open-entry, open-exit programs.
- Ensure that economically disadvantaged, educationally disadvantaged, or other at-risk students have access to non-credit career and technical education;
- Maintain a strong curriculum in non-credit career and technical education courses which can be articulated with credit career and technical education courses within the institution and within the state system of higher education;
- Provide non-credit career and technical education that will result in: appropriate licensing, certification, or other evidence of completion of training; and qualification for specific employment, with an emphasis on high demand, high wage, and high skill jobs in business and industry.
- Develop cooperative agreements within the geographic area served by the School of Applied Technology with school districts, charter schools, and other higher education institutions, businesses, industries.
- Provide Competency-based mastery of subject matter as demonstrated through business and industry approved standards and assessments.
- Provide a hands-on learning environment, and which is tied to observable, measurable performance objectives.
- Be Response to individual student needs, and ensure highest level of demonstrated competency has been achieved by the student.