Building Evacuation Procedures
WHEN INSTRUCTED TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING
- Always leave the building immediately. Turn off equipment and lights and close the door behind you. If you deal with money or sensitive documents, determine with your department head whether or not to lock the door to your room as you evacuate.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. IN CASE OF FIRE NO ONE SHOULD USE AN ELEVATOR.
- Accommodations through the DRC office should be made well in advance of any fire alarms or building evacuations. Individuals requiring assistance evacuating a building via the stairs will need assistance using the evacutrack and stair porters. For assistance learning how to use these devices, contact the SLCC Fire Marshal at (801) 957-4148 (office) (801) 920-0307 (cell).
- If you encounter individuals who are ignoring the fire alarm or the request to evacuate, instruct them to leave the building immediately. If they do not respond, report their location to building marshal, police, or fire fighters when you have left the building.
- Once outside, move to a predetermined area away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not reenter the building until directed to do so by an authorized Police Services, Facilities, administrative representative, Building Marshal, or CERT team member.
In the event of an emergency and the college should need to be evacuated, there are assembly points and specific evacuation routes set up by campus to avoid confusion and panic.
Using the maps below, find the campus you attend or work on and find the assembly point closest to you.
- Taylorsville Campus
- South City Campus
- Library Square
- Miller Campus
- Jordan Campus
- Meadowbrook Campus
- Airport Campus
- Granite Tech Campus
Use the Maps below to find the evacuation routes for the campuses you attend or work for.