What Is the Publication Center?
The Publication Center is a multi-function space to enhance student learning about writing, visual rhetoric, publication, and circulation of print and digital documents of all kinds.
To this end, the Publication Center
- Organizes open workshops for students on publication-oriented topics
- Plans open lab times, so that students can bring their publication projects to the Center, and get aid from faculty mentors and peer tutors
- Is a resource for students, with books, ephemera, software, equipment and tutorials in its physical and virtual spaces
- Sponsors ongoing publication projects, such as student book competitions and the Write 500 Words project (examples only)
- Assists faculty in becoming familiar/adept with publication processes and skills, including layout and design, so that these considerations can be infused broadly into the curriculum
- Hosts speakers on publication-related topics
Publication Center Upcoming Events/Workshops (AAB 137). All SLCC Students, Staff and Faculty are welcome!