TRIO/ETS College Bound
Everyone's educational talent must be promoted
TRiO ETS (Educational Talent Search) College Bound works with students to achieve academic success and prepare for the college of their choice. The program is especially designed for students of families with low incomes or students whose parents have not received a four-year college degree.
ETS College Bound is an Educational Opportunity Program: one of eight TRiO Programs. The program is hosted by Salt Lake Community College and is 100% federally funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
ETS College Bound serves eligible students in the following schools:
Eligibility and Requirements
Student must be US citizen, permanent resident, or in the process of applying (documentation is required)
Student must be first generation and/or low income
Students in ETS College Bound agree to
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and enroll for rigourous classes, when appropriate
- Attend school regularly and complete all assignments
- Participate in ETS College Bound activities (workshops, college visits, and field trips) as their schedule allows
- Achieve the goals set with their ETS College Bound advisor
- Graduate from high school
- Enroll into a post-secondary education program (options range from certificate programs that are completed in a few months, to Masters or Doctorate programs that can take several years)
- Strive to be positive leaders amongst their friends, family, and communities
Admission to the ETS College Bound program is open to those who meet the eligibility criteria regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, religion, or disability.
Interested Students and Parents: Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding eligibility.
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
Phone: (801) 957-4089
Fax: (801) 957-4432
Advisor: Cheryl Williams
Phone: (801) 957-4468
Advisor: Rosio Suarez
Phone: (801) 957-4429
ETS College Bound - TRIO
4600 S. Redwood Road
Construction Trades Building
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123