Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
How to Apply
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to apply for most aid including grants, loans and work-study. The application is free and found online at www.fafsa.ed.gov .
Select the FAFSA based on the semester(s) will you attend:
- • Fall 2014, Spring 2015 or Summer 2015 - Use the 2014-2015 FAFSA
- • Fall 2015, Spring 2016 or Summer 2016 - Use the 2015-2016 FAFSA
Gather information to complete the FAFSA:
- Social Security Card
- Federal Taxes, W-2 Forms and Income Information
- 2014-2015 FAFSA requires 2013 income information
- 2015-2016 FAFSA requires 2014 income information
Fill out and submit the FAFSA using:
- IRS Data Transfer
- SLCC School Code 005220
Submit paperwork by priority dates:
- Fall Priority Date – April 15
- Spring Priority Date – November 1
- Summer Priority Date – April 1
Check your SLCC Bruin email account frequently for information requests from the Financial Aid Office. Your application for aid is not complete until you have turned in all requested information.
Summer Semester requires a Summer Aid Application that is available after summer registration begins. You must be enrolled prior to submitting a Summer Aid Application.