The Fitness Technician Program is designed to train students to meet the growing demand in the fitness profession for personal trainers.
Core courses include:
- Exercise physiology
- Behavior modification
- Fitness assessment
- Program design
- Principles of weight training
- Cardio fitness
An internship of 120 hours is required to complete the degree.
Students of the Fitness Technician Program who choose to pursue national certifications must independently pay for, and successfully sit for, those exams. During the HLTH 2430 (Designing Training Programs) course, students have the opportunity to take the ACSM as their mid-term. Students will demonstrate a high degree of readiness to pass an exam with the following national certifying organizations including (but not limited to):
- American College of Sports Medicine-Certified Personal Trainers (ACSM-CPT)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- American Council on Exercise Group Fitness Instructor (ACE)
What Fit Tech Graduates Are Saying
"I've done well with my Fit Tech degree. My internship lead me right into my present position managing a great onsite corporate fitness program. Since graduation, I have continued my education receiving both my NASM PES and CPT certifications and I am working to complete my BS is Sports Management. I owe a lot to the Fit Tech program."
- Benjamin Deppe, Fitness Specialist, Club One Corporate Health & Fitness Management, eBay Fitness Center in Draper, UT