First Year Experience
A great opportunity to help students prepare for college and connect with other students.
6-Week Program - July 6 - August 14
Open to all SLCC incoming students who want to be successful in college. Preference will be given to underrepresented and first-generation students.
- Information available to students 24/7
- Specialized on-campus sessions offered weekly
- Interactive online assignments and in-person activities
- Feedback built into every lesson
- Handling College Money
- Understanding College Testing
- Succeeding in the College Classroom
- Creating Career Plans
- Communicating in College
- Using College Resources
- Knowing What Classes to Take
What’s In It for You?
- Eligibility for fall or spring tuition waivers (must be U.S. citizen or U.S. resident)
- Priority registration for classes
- On-campus job opportunities
- SLCC bookstore coupons for textbooks
- Connect with college professors and college students
- Help/support throughout your first year
For more information
Nancy L. Giraldo