GenEd Step Ahead
Would you like to complete your general education all at one location, by taking courses back-to-back either during the morning or evening hours with the same group of students?
If so, the GenEd Step Ahead program is for you.
- This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a close-knit group of peers while exploring art, culture, history, literature, mathematics, and science at the collegiate level.
- You will have the opportunity to interact closely with faculty and other participants and benefit from the support that comes from mentoring and peer interaction.
- This program offers a small-class setting while taking courses with the same group of students.
Students in the program can complete all of their general education requirements and earn a General Education Certificate of Completion at one location. Students commit to taking at least three courses each semester. If you take 6 classes each semester, you can complete your general education in two consecutive semesters. You may then continue on to earn an associate degree at Salt Lake Community College or transfer to a four-year institution.
- Qualify for English 1010 or higher.
- Qualify for Math 1010 or higher.
- Take a minimum of 3 program courses each semester.
- Have completed less than half of your general education courses.
- Fill out an application.
- Once admitted to the program attend a GenEd Step Ahead Essentials.
We invite those who need preparatory coursework to take these classes during the summer term and enter in the fall or spring.
Fall 2014 Program Offerings