Surveying or land surveying is the technique, profession, and science of accurately determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional position of points and the distances and angles between them, commonly practiced by licensed surveyors, and members of various building professions. These points are usually on the surface of the Earth, and they are often used to establish land maps and boundaries for ownership, locations (building corners, surface location of subsurface features) or other governmentally required or civil law purposes (property sales).
The surveying program serves three distinct purposes:
- Provides students who have little or no experience in the field the skills needed for employment as a surveyor
- Gives those already working in the profession additional knowledge needed to prepare for their professional licensing examinations
- Gives licensed professionals opportunities for upgrade training on new issues and equipment in surveying.
STATE OF UTAH, LAND SURVEYOR EXAMINATION CANDIDATE INFORMATION BULLETIN
- National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS)
2017 NSPS and AAGS Scholarship Program
Application deadline is March 31, 2017.
Click here for 2017 Announcement and 2017 Application Form
- Western Federation of Professional Surveyors (WFPS)
WFPS MIKE MICKIEWICZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Annual Application (Early Spring)- Deadline TBA
CHECK BACK LATER FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Utah Council of Land Surveyors (UCLS)
Utah Council of Land Surveyor’s Scholarship
Application deadline: June 1, 2017
Click here for UCLS Scholarship Application