Health Information Technology
- Apply to SLCC
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Corequisites for HIT CC and HIT AAS
- Background Check
- Notification of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance
- Immunization Form
Apply to SLCC
- SLCC Application Instructions (4-6 week process)
Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Call 801-957-6215 to schedule an appointment.
- Prepare for your appointment by going to the Advising
|Corequisites for HIT Certificate of Completion (CC)||Corequisites for HIT Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
|Elementary Algebra||4||^MATH 1010||Interm Algebra||3|
|ACT/SAT/Accuplacer exam placement into MATH 0990 or above||ACT/SAT/Accuplacer exam placement into MATH 1010 or above|
^ENGL 1010 Intro to Writing
|Intro to Writing||3||^ENGL 1010||Intro to Writing||3|
|ACT/SAT/Accuplacer exam placement into ENGL 1010 or above||ACT/SAT/Accuplacer exam placement into ENGL 1010 or above|
|BIOL 2320||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIOL 2325||Human Anatomy Lab||0|
|BIOL 2420||Human Physiology||4|
|BIOL 2425||Human Physiology Lab||0|
|HIT 1050||Medical Business Practices||3|
|^HIT 1100||Medical Terminology for HIT||3|
^ SLCC Offered Online
- Order a background check by going to www.certifiedbackground.com and click on "students" (package code: SD22).
- Pay background check fee: $45.
- Go to Background Check Instructions for more information.
*Student assumes the risk if his/her criminal background is not clear, he/she may not be able to complete the course and the program. This may also result in possible withdrawal from the program after the tuition refund deadline is past. Only one placement attempt will be made per clinical course (this may depend upon the program). Students are advised to contact Lauren Fratto, the Program Specialist at Lauren.Fratto@slcc.edu or 801-957-6203 with any questions or concerns prior to applying to a program.
**Background check is good for one year from order date.
The following will instruct you on how to access the Health Information Technology Application:
- Log into MyPage
- Click on the Student Tab
- In the Health Sciences Channel box, click on Program Admissions to access the application
- Application fee: $25
Notification of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance
- Notification will be sent to student's Bruinmail.
- If accepted, further instructions regarding the drug screening and orientation will be in the notification of acceptance.
- Drug screen fee: $35
- After student has been accepted into the HIT program, and before the student starts the externship, the immunization form must be turned in.
- Have a health care provider fill out and sign the Immunization Form.
- SLCC Health & Wellness Services offers immunizations at a discounted rate.
*Some clinical facilities may require additional immunizations
**Student assumes the risk if he/she does not have the required immunizations and the clinical site(s) do not accept him/her, he/she may not be able to complete the course and the program. This may also result in possible withdrawal from the program after the tuition refund deadline is past
April 1, 2014 - May 10, 2014
May 1, 2014 - August 20, 2014
Nov. 1, 2014 - Dec. 10, 2014