Health Information Technology
Thank you for your interest in Salt Lake Community College's Health Information Technology program. As the advisors, we are happy to assist you in navigating through the pre-admissions process for this program.
Before scheduling an appointment, or visiting us during our walk-ins hours, please print and review the 2014-2015 HIT Certificate of Completion or 2014-2014 HIT Associate of Applied Science handout as many frequently asked questions will be answered.
To schedule an appointment, please call the Academic and Career Advising office on the Jordan campus 801-957-6215. You are also welcome to meet with a general advisor at any time, especially if you are not set on pursuing this particular degree. For other advising locations and hours, please visit the Academic and Career Advising website.
Please come prepared to your advising session with an HIT advisor -
- It is highly recommended that prospective students first apply to SLCC (complete steps 1-3)
- Complete the accuplacer placement test, or submit current ACT/SAT test scores, if MATH and ENGL coursework have not been transferred to SLCC. Bring your test results with you (we are able to assist you in creating an accurate course plan having this step completed)
- Print and bring the 2014-2015 HIT Certificate of Completion or 2014-2015 HIT Associate of Applied Science handout
- Print and bring the Health Information Technology Certificate of Completion Catalog page or the Health Information Technology Associate of Applied Science Catalog page
- Be familiar with the Academic Calendar (for add/drop/withdrawal due dates, tuition due dates, etc.)
- Bring a government issued photo ID
- Prepare a list of questions and bring it with you
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will be rescheduled. Please be on time.
- There is no free parking at the Jordan Campus. A day parking pass may be purchased at the courtesy desk.
- Our appointment times fill up quickly. Please plan ahead.
- We look forward to meeting with you and assisting you in your academic pursuits!
Academic and Career Advisors
Career & Academic Advising
(prerequisite and transfer credit questions)
Health Sciences Center, Rm. 047