Who should apply?
- Individuals seeking an education and a career in homeland security and/or emergency management
- Professionals currently serving in law enforcement, emergency management and fire who seek professional advancement and new career opportunities
- Individuals who desire relevant workforce education to start a new career
What is the career outlook?
- By 2021, homeland security and emergency management positions will increase by more than 62% in Utah. *Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc. (EMSI).
- Between 2011 and 2018, the need for emergency management professionals, protective service workers and police and sheriff's patrol officers are likely to increase by more than 36%. *U.S. Department of Labor Statistics.