FAQ for Interns
- What are the eligibility criteria to be an InnovaBio™ intern?
- InnovaBio™ internships are open to several types of students:
Salt Lake Community College biotechnology students
Itineris High School students
Any Utah High School student enrolled in a high school biotechnology course
Any college student pursuing a degree in the life sciences
- Are the internships paid?
- The internships are not paid.However students that qualify for work study may use the internship hours towards there qualifying time.
- How long are the internships and how many hours per week do I work?
- Interns commit to spending 2-4 days per week, 2-4 hours per day reviewing the scientific literature, writing new protocols, planning experiments, working in the lab, analyzing experimental results, and participating in lab meetings.
- Do I choose my own project?
- Our Director assigns students to projects based on the interest, experience and skill level of each student.
- What are the advantages of working for us?
- InnovaBio™ interns gain valuable laboratory research experience that will help develop a career in a biotechnology field. Several of our graduates indicate the bench experience gained by working at InnovaBio created a competitive edge when seeking employment as a research associate in a biotechnology company.
- When can I join?
- Internships are usually started in at the beginning of the semesters/terms, but they can really be started any time, dependent on availability of work for additional interns.
- Where is it located?
- Our laboratory is located on the Salt Lake Community College Jordan Campus, in the Health Science building Rm 218.