The Center for Innovation seeks to provide professional development training opportunities to support the personal effectiveness and wellbeing of all members of our campus community. The programs offered in this category assist with tools and strategies related to caregiving skills, work/life navigation, and promoting more effective relationships in the workplace.
This is an introductory workshop for all SLCC employees to learn about their personal
talents and how talents become professional strengths. In this highly interactive session, individuals will explore their top five talents and learn ways to develop and apply these strengths in their work at the College. Participants will be notified, and given instructions after they register, regarding the completion of the StrengthsQuest Assessment prior to attending the workshop.
• How to identify talents.
• How to turn talents into strengths.
• How to utilize strengths in the workplace.
• How building on strengths increases personal well-being and career satisfaction.
Strengths In Your Career
This workshop is for employees who have taken the StrengthsQuest or StrengthsFinder assessment and found out their Strengths. We would prefer that individuals have gone through the Exploring Your Strengths Workshop, but that is not required.
The following will be covered:
• How to utilize your Strengths in your chosen career path.
• How to recognize the Strengths of others and work better with them.
• How to understand when you are operating in the balcony and basement of your Strengths.
You must have taken your StrengthsQuest assessment to find out your top five talents before registering for this workshop.
Aimed to increase your personal effectiveness, wellness & productivity in the workplace