Salt Lake Community College has an important responsibility to enhance international understanding as a foundation for participation in a global environment. International Education at Salt Lake Community College champions opportunities for students, faculty, staff and community members to enhance their understanding of and participation in an increasingly interconnected world.
International Education at the College prepares students, faculty, staff and community members for global citizenship through:
- Language Study
- International Studies AA Program (suspended for the 2013-2014 academic year)
- International Student Affairs (admissions, advising, management)
- Study Abroad Programs
- International Faculty and Staff Exchanges
- Partnerships with Higher Education Institutions in Australia, Brazil, China, Italy, Japan, Russia
- International Business Education/Training
- Internationalizing the Curriculum Initiatives including Intercultural and International Programming
Faculty Exchange Programs
Salt Lake Community College has partnerships with eleven institutions in nine countries: Australia, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, and Ukraine. These partnerships include faculty and student exchanges, study abroad programs, and applied business and research projects in the fields as various as Arts, Biotechnology, Business, Computer Science, Humanities, and Nursing.