Salt Lake Community College has an important responsibility to enhance international understanding as a foundation for participation in a global environment. International Education at Salt Lake Community College champions opportunities for students, faculty, staff and community members to enhance their understanding of and participation in an increasingly interconnected world.
International Education at the College prepares students, faculty, staff and community members for global citizenship through:
- Language Study
- International Studies AA Program (suspended for the 2013-2014 academic year)
- International Student Services (admissions, advising, management)
- Study Abroad Programs
- International Faculty and Staff Exchanges
- Partnerships with Higher Education Institutions in Australia, Brazil, China, Italy, Japan, Russia
- International Business Education/Training
- Internationalizing the Curriculum Initiatives including Intercultural and International Programming
Faculty Exchange Programs
Salt Lake Community College conducts ongoing faculty exchange programs with two of our international partners:
Shitennoji University in Osaka, Japan
Each year the academic area of the exchanges with the institution above is selected by each institution in cooperation with Salt Lake Community College. These exchanges last 2 weeks, and faculty give guest lectures, visit classes, and meet with faculty.
In addition to these ongoing exchanges, faculty exchanges may be part of other partnerships from time to time.
Salt Lake Community College has partnerships with eleven institutions in nine countries: Australia, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, and Ukraine. These partnerships include faculty and student exchanges, study abroad programs, and applied business and research projects in the fields as various as Arts, Biotechnology, Business, Computer Science, Humanities, and Nursing.