International Student Services
As an F-1 student you must do the following:
- Attend the school on whose I-20 you used to enter the U.S.
- Maintain a full course of study (at least 12 credit hours) for both the Fall and Spring Semesters. You are not required to attend school in the Summer, unless that is your first semester after entering the U.S.
- You may not enroll in more than the equivalent of ONE on-line or distance education course or three credits per semester as part of a full course of study.
- You must consult with and get permission from the International Advisor before dropping below 12 credit hours. Failure to do so will result in a loss of status.
- Maintain a valid passport. Start the renewal process six months before it expires.
- Come to International Student Services at least 5 days before you plan to leave the U.S. so that your I-20 can be signed to allow you to re-enter the United States.
- Obtain permission for International Student Services before accepting on or off campus employment.
- Do not work more than 20 hours per week either on or off campus except during the summer and vacations.
- Please change your address on your MyPage each time you move.
- Make a copy of your I-20 and carry it with you at all times as this is your identification card in the U.S. Keep your original I-20, passport, and I-94 card in a safe place.
It is your responsibility to maintain your immigration status!