International Student Services
Health Insurance Plan
Good news, your required health insurance plan can now be paid with your tuition!
This fall semester 2014 SLCC F-1 international students will automatically be enrolled in the Ascension Health Insurance Plan when you register for classes. You will pay tuition and health insurance fees together.
Be aware of the important dates
- Friday, August 15 is the deadline for your international student health insurance and tuition payment for fall semester
- Monday, August 18 – classes will be dropped for not meeting deadline
There are two ways to meet the Friday, August 15 payment deadline:
- Pay tuition and fees in full by the Friday August 15, 2014 deadline
- Enroll in the Semester Tuition Installment Loan (STIL) by August 15 and make your first STIL payment which will include health insurance fees for the academic term. (not available for ESL level 1-3 students)
Students who enroll in classes after August 18 will have seven (7) days to pay tuition & fees.
Fall term Health Insurance coverage period is August 11, 2014 – January 11, 2015.
Health insurance waivers are no longer available.
Please follow this new international tuition and fee information on the ISS Facebook Group page, Twitter, the SLCC's homepage, MyPage announcements and digital signage on campus. Please read your e-mail!
For more information, visit International Student Services in the Student Center room 234 or call 801-957-4528.
Because of the tuition differential a payment plan is not available for School of Applied Technology English as a Second Language students. Payment of tuition in full and health insurance is required at the time of enrollment.
Health insurance is mandatory for F-1 international students at Salt Lake Community College. Health insurance is available and optional for their accompanying dependents (spouse and/or children). SLCC requires health insurance to maintain and improve health and wellness for international students. Most students are not aware of the U.S. self pay health care system as they come from countries with national health care plans. It protects the international student in the event of an accident or illness.
SLCC requires health insurance for international students for several reasons:
- Health care can be very costly in the U.S
- The U.S. does not have a national health care plan
- Health services may be restricted if you do not have health insurance
Health insurance is a mandatory requirement for international students on an F-1 visa. Health care can be very expensive in the United States and carrying a health insurance plan can help students to avoid unforeseen expenses in case of an accident or illness. SLCC provides a health insurance plan for international students through Renaissance Insurance, Inc.
To access all of the important plan information, please visit www.4studenthealth.com/slcc or call toll-free at 1-800-537-1777.
To find a provider, visit www.aetna.com/docfind. Choose "Open Choice PPO" under Aetna Standard Plans when asked for plan type.
- $250,000 per sickness or injury
- $250,000 per plan year
- $1,000,000 lifetime aggregate maximum
- Deductible: None
- Office visit co-payment: $20 per visit
- Hospital inpatient co-payment: $50 per visit
- Hospital outpatient co-payment: $50 per visit