International Student Services
Spring Semester 2014 Orientation:
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Check-in begins at 8:30.
Summer Term 2014 Orientation:
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Check-in begins at 8:30.
International Student Services offers orientation three times per year to aid new international students in their transition to the institution and become more confident and self-assured students at SLCC. Orientation helps students make connections and introduces them to available services, resources and facilities; it helps students make connections to build a new network of friendships and a social support system; it provides an accurate and adequate briefing regarding SEVIS and Immigration requirements (maintaining legal status).
The best practices for our orientation program are listed below:
- Orientation helps students make connections and build a new network of friendships and a social support system
- Orientation is purposeful, coherent, and reflective of the demographic population
- Orientation is proactive to help anticipate the needs of international students
- Orientation guides students to have the information they need and they will be able to find their own way around SLCC
- Orientation is an on-going process that deals with students’ problems as they emerge throughout their time here at SLCC
Even though our orientation program has been carefully planned to include all necessary topics and activities, there will be issues, concerns, and problems that surface during the orientation program. ISS holds weekly workshops to cover additional topics weekly, please plan to attend the ISS Weekly Workshops.