Department of Mathematics Salt Lake Community College
The mathematics department at SLCC delivers services that meet the mathematical proficiency needs of a diverse student body at a premier comprehensive community college while enhancing the development and professional expertise of instructors to meet the changing needs of the student body. We;
- Meet the quantitative literacy requirements of the College,
- Provide the necessary foundation for students whose incoming mathematical background is insufficient to succeed at collegiate-level mathematics,
- Deliver courses equivalent to the first two years of a traditional undergraduate mathematical sequence thus promoting the successful transfer to four-year institutions,
- Provide specialty courses for those students whose career plans require more specialized training, and
- Support high school students by offering concurrent enrollment courses.