Mass Communication Center
The Globe Newspaper
The Globe Newspaper serves as a stepping stone for SLCC students looking to enter the workforce as journalists, photographers, and editors. The Globe Newspaper is an on-campus newspaper printed once weekly and reproduced in an Internet-delivered version at www.globeslcc.com.
Because The Globe is a student-produced newspaper, every edition is created, written and published by students. Reporters, movie reviewers, contributing writers, photographers, and editors all combine their skills together to provide the best student newspaper possible. This newspaper is an independent platform for students to freely express their views on a wide range of issues.
The Globe Newspaper:
• Encourages the participation of all students.
• Offers an open campus forum for student issues.
• Respects the views and opinions of all members of the community.
• Reaches approximately 65,000 students, staff, faculty, campus and community members.
Students from COMM 1130, 1140, 1610, 1620, and 1630 are the primary contributors to The Globe, although MCC student producers and students in other Communication courses are encouraged to submit work as a part of practicum. The Globe also welcomes submissions from all SLCC students.
Practicum work involving The Globe Newspaper includes:
• Writing, submitting and revising articles,
• Layout design,
• And other duties as required.
The Globe is hiring staff writers and photographers for Fall 2015. Click here for job descriptions and a link to the staff application.