Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The faculty and administration of the Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) Nursing Program have determined that Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is a necessary admission requirement. As a result, ALL incoming students will need to provide proof of CNA certification. Only official State CNA certificates will be accepted, regardless of currency.
(Please note: The time it takes to complete a CNA course and pass the state exam for your licensure can take up to 8-12 weeks. Please plan your schedules accordingly. CNA certificates must be available at the time of application.)
If you plan to pursue a degree in Nursing you must earn your CNA prior to applying for the Nursing program. Please make arrangements to meet with Deron Hutchinson, the Nursing Academic Advisor, to build this into your academic plan.
The following is a list of contacts to assist you in the process of meeting the new course prerequisite of completed CNA certification.
- CNA Documentation Submission: The Division of Nursing requires of a copy of your CNA license with your S# following your acceptance into the nursing program. 801-957-6260
- SLCC Nursing Division: 801-957-6260 for questions regarding the nursing program, CNA certification, and nursing courses
- Utah Nursing Assistant Registry: for information regarding the certification process
- Deron Hutchinson, Nursing Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding nursing student advising
- Angela Harvey, Specialist, Health Sciences Admissions: email@example.com for questions regarding program admission status