OneCard Money Network Account
The Money Network® education funds disbursement card and Money Network® checks offer you a complete and convenient package of services you can use to access and manage your money instantly. Your funds will be deposited directly into your account so you have immediate access to your money! The Money Network® Enabled Discover OneCard is not a credit card. The Funds are FDIC insured. Please make sure you take some time and read thru the Money Network terms and conditions and review the fee schedule.
If you would like your money in your pocket fast and easy, Login to authorize SLCC to put your refund on your OneCard Discover® ID card.
For additional information about your new Money Network® OneCard such as, important how to's, helpful links, and personal finance 101 visit our My OneCard website!
Your account must be activated in order for it to work. Please wait 24 hours after you have been issued your OneCard before you call 1-800-822-4283 and follow the system's prompts. You will be asked to create a pin number, remember this number as you will need it for any purchase you wish to make with your pin (you can make transactions without your pin as well). You will need it for ATM withdrawals and to access your account when calling Customer Service.
During the activation process you will be asked for your social security number. You DO NOT have to provide this information. This is your choice. SLCC can still refund to this card even if you do not verify your identification.
Identity verification gives you more access to additional key features such as being able to reload your card from other sources (job, online deposits, parents, etc.). Identity verification involves confirming your name, birth date and address, is not a credit check, it simply allows more options for you to reload additional funds onto your OneCard Money Network® account.
If you choose not to verify your identity when you activate, you will always have the option to go through this process at a later time.
How to Access Your Funds
- Make a purchase at a store that accepts Discover®
- Swipe or present your card
- Follow the prompts
- Enter your 4-digit PIN or sign for the transactions
- Get cash back at participating stores
- Get cash at an In-Network ATM
- Enter your PIN
- Select WITHDRAWAL from CHECKING
- Enter the dollar amount you want to withdraw (up to $500 a day)
- Take your cash and your receipt
- Use a Money Network® Check
- Write out your check
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-822-4283 to get an issuer and transaction number that must be printed on the face of the check
- Deposit the check into your regular bank account, use it to pay a bill or cash it at a check cash location (like Walmart) which can be found by using the Money Network locator tool online or by calling Customer Service.
Pay bills online
If you chose to upgrade your account where you are able to load money on it yourself, and would like to reload cash onto your card, here are fast and easy cash reload options to choose from. Or you can go to any SLCC Cashier location to put funds on our Discover side as well (this option usually takes 24hrs to process). The school Discover ATMs are for withdrawals only.
Manage Your Account (Money Network)
Access your account online any time for free, or by calling Customer Service 1-800-822-4283. You will need the number on the front of your card and your PIN. Some options you can do with your account are:
- Set up alerts online to receive your account balance daily or once a week via email or text message.
- Hear or view your account balance and transaction details.
- Change your PIN.
- Request a statement (fees may apply).
- Transfer funds from your account to a personal bank account ($2 fee).
*There is a $2.50 charge if you call customer service and talk to a live rep just to get your balance.
*There is NO charge to check your balance at an on-campus ATM or online!
Money Network’s mobile application (available for FREE on both the iPhone and Android) will allow you to keep track of your Money Network Discover Account like never before – students can:
- View account balance and transaction activity
- Locate nearby surcharge-free ATMs
- Sign up to receive balance, deposit, and withdrawal notifications
First Data will be sending out messages via email, balance notifications and other channels to notify students of this new, cool feature over the next couple of weeks. You can download it now at iTunes or GooglePlay.
How to Find an In-Network ATM
Free on-campus ATMs are located on the four main SLCC campuses.
- Redwood Student Center building, 2nd level near Student Express
- South main building near ID center
- Jordan HTC building across from Bookstore
- Miller CART building in food court
There is a $500 withdrawal limit.
Visit the Allpoint website for more information.
The Money Network™ loyalty and rewards program!
As a Money Network® cardholder, all you need to do is opt-in to the Money Network Loyalty and Rewards Program to earn cash back on purchases from more than 16,000 online stores and local participating retailers.
Health Services Discounts
Save up to 70% on health services just by having a Money Network® Enabled Discover® OneCard.
Sign up for a free Health Discount card that can help you save between 20%-70% on various health care services.
Lost or Stolen Cards
See Lost Cards page for more information regarding what to do with your account.
Accounts that have been inactive for a period of 9 months will start to have a service fee assessed of $3.50 a month until depleted unless you actively use your account. (You don't have to purchase anything to keep your account active, logging into your account online is considered activity.
The expiration date on the face of the card only deactivates the OneCard Money Network® account (Discover® functionality) of the card. If you do not use this side of the card, your access to events as well as access to your Bruin Bucks, Meal Plan, Aviation, Uniprint accounts etc., will still continue to work even if the expiration date has passed.