New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation Services
- Connections Brochure: If you have submitted an application to SLCC, you will receive the Connections brochure with your letter of acceptance. This booklet will highlight important information and services.
- QuickConnect: Free sessions offered at a variety of campuses, dates, and times.
Important topics covered include:
- Using the catalog and class schedule, understanding registration
- How to get student ID, parking permit, and books
- How to get involved on campus
- Registration assistance and advising referrals
This option is designed to give you the information you need to get registered successfully. A follow-up advising appointment is recommended. Sessions fill up quickly, so call 801-957-4073 to reserve a space today!
- NetConnect: Available all year - free. Ideally, we'd like to see you on campus for orientation, but we realize that this isn't an option for everyone. This on-line option covers similar material as the QuickConnect listed above. Please be aware that a follow-up advising appointment is recommended. Please have your SLCC catalog and class schedule available.
- StartSmart: a weekly e-mail sent to new students during their first semester.
- StartSmart is an e-mail sent to all new students which includes helpful and timely information on topics such as advising, registration, financial aid and scholarships, tutoring, the Library, and other important services and resources for students.
- This e-mail is sent to your MyPage e-mail account, so remember to check it regularly or forward it to an e-mail account you do check often. Instructions for forwarding your MyPage e-mail are located in MyPage.