SLCC Policies and Procedures
Title IX Information
20 U.S.C.A. Section 1681 (a): Title IXIf you have questions or concerns regarding your rights or responsibilities, or if you would like to file a Title IX Complaint, contact a Title IX Coordinator:
- Students: Dean of Students Office, Dr. Marlin Clark, 801-957-4776
- Employees or Community Members: Risk Management Office, Mikel Birch, 801-957-4041
Title IX Violations Include (but are not limited to):
- Sexual Advances, requests for sexual favors and sexually motivated physical conduct
- Overt or subtle pressure for sexual activity
- Sexually offensive verbalization including remarks, “teasing,” slurs, and innuendo
- Repeated inappropriate jokes or comments about sex or gender specific traits
- Conduct that is demeaning or derisive and occurs substantially because of one’s gender
- Sexual assault/sexual violence/rape
- Dating assault/dating violence/domestic violence
- Gender based disparate treatment
Violations can occur in any college environment, such as (but not limited to):
- Field Trips
- Student Clubs
- Athletics Transportation
Salt Lake Community College has a strong prohibition against retaliation! The College does not tolerate acts of retaliation against anyone for engaging in filing a complaint or participating in an investigation.
Title IX SLCC Contacts
Mozelle Orton, M. Ed, Director, Equal Employment Opportunity and Risk Administration
Title IX Administrator: Discrimination Intake Officer / Title IX Designee: Receives and responds to reports and complaints by/about employees; email@example.com, 801-957-4561, Taylorsville Redwood Campus, AAB 211.
Marlin Clark, PhD, Asst. VP and Dean of Students
Title IX Coordinator: Discrimination Intake Officer/Title IX Designee for Students: Receives and responds to reports and complaints by/about students; firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-957-4004, Taylorsville Redwood Campus STC-276A.
Mikel Birch, M.A, Director, Risk Management
Title IX Coordinator: Title IX Designee for Staff and Faculty: Receives and responds to reports and complaints by/about employees; email@example.com, 801-957-4041, Taylorsville Redwood Campus AAB 211.
Kevin Miller, M.A, Director, Student Conduct and Support Services
Title IX Coordinator: Title IX Designee for Students: Receives and responds to reports and complaints by/about students; firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-957-2122, South City Campus SCM-2-068A