- About the President
- Office Staff/Contact
- Board of Regents
- Board of Trustees
- Executive Cabinet
- Invite the President
- Respectus Quotes
- Speeches and Remarks
- Senior Leadership Team
- Standing Committees
- President's Committee on Inclusivity and Equity
- President's Leadership Institute
- Past Presidents
A Message from the President
to our students:
Congratulations on joining over 60,000 fellow students who have taken the same courageous step you have in pursuing their higher education goals. Although that step often demands sacrifices in time, finances, etc., I can assure you that by completing your educational goals, your sacrifice will pay off both in terms of your own sense of fulfillment and enrichment through learning and in your prospects for better career and community involvement opportunities.
As a premier comprehensive community college, SLCC attracts faculty and staff who are experts in their area and student-centered. I trust you will find your experience here engaging, inclusive and of the highest quality.
Anne Lamott (2012) asserts that there are three essential words all humans should pay attention to in their lives: Help! Thanks! WOW! Carry those words with you as a student at SLCC:
- Ask for Help when you need it. Our faculty and staff are committed to assisting you. Your success is important to us and we strive to help you reach your goals.
- Say Thanks to faculty, student peers, your family, staff and others who support you. Knowledge is socially constructed and there is a web of support around you contributing to your success!
- Embrace the WOW. College is about engaging with new ideas, challenging your thinking, experiencing diverse perspectives, and approaching concepts with renewed vision. Indulge in that experience as a learner.
On behalf of SLCC’s dynamic faculty, staff and administration I wish you great success! Enjoy the journey…
Deneece G. Huftalin, PhD
to our larger community:
Salt Lake Community College will celebrate its 75th anniversary in fall 2023. This milestone is a testament to past accomplishments and a catalyst for transforming the College in the future. We've come a long way since our founding as a small technical college in 1948. We now serve more than 61,000 students at 10 sites throughout the Salt Lake Valley.
Together we have crafted a Strategic Plan that is focused on the primary needs of students today, the innovations in learning that need to be embraced, and on how to craft the best possible learning experiences to meet student needs. Here’s what you should know about us:
Our Vision: Salt Lake Community College will be a model for inclusive and transformative education, strengthening the communities we serve through the success of our students.
Our Mission: Salt Lake Community College is your community college. We engage and support students in educational pathways leading to successful transfer and meaningful employment.
Our Strategic Goals:
- Increase student completion
- Improve transfer preparation and pathways
- Align with and respond to workforce needs
- Achieve equity in student participation and completion
- Secure institutional sustainability and capacity
Our Values: Collaboration We believe we're better when we work together. Community We partner with our community in the transformative, public good of educating students. Inclusivity We seek to cultivate an environment of respect and empathy, advanced by diverse cultures and perspectives. Integrity We do the right things for the right reasons. Innovation We value fresh thinking and encourage the energy of new ideas and initiatives. Learning We learn as a college by building outstanding educational experiences for students and by supporting faculty and staff in their professional development. Trust We build trust by working together in good faith and goodwill to fulfill the College's mission.
By focusing on students, the strategic plan positions the College as a foundational player in the community, a driving factor in the state economy, and a leader in the evolving educational landscape.
Deneece G. Huftalin, PhD