- About the President
- Office Staff/Contact
- Board of Regents
- Board of Trustees
- Executive Cabinet
- Invite the President
- Respectus Quotes
- Speeches and Remarks
- Senior Leadership Team
- Standing Committees, Councils, and CWTs
- President's Committee on Inclusivity and Equity
- President's Leadership Institute
- Past Presidents
President's Leadership Institute
Salt Lake Community College President's Leadership Institute will provide faculty, staff, and administration with an opportunity to learn more about themselves, others they work with, and how they can work together to become better leaders. While the College possesses many solid leaders across campus, this Institute is designed to assist in expanding those leadership characteristics and guiding others who are interested in developing stronger leadership skills.
The Institute will provide an opportunity for participants to interactively learn more about leadership styles, management tools, and higher education administrative operations. All faculty, staff, and administration are welcome to take advantage of this opportunity and help the Salt Lake Community College become an even greater institution of higher learning.
Individuals interested in the President's Leadership Institute should submit the completed application by September 19, 2016.
- Complete application form.
- Letter of Approval from supervisor.
Email Mallory Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for modules
Module 1 - Monday, October 24 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Dynamics and implications of change
- How does change impact SLCC community members?
- How can we embrace change?
Module 2 - Friday, November 18 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Leadership defined
- Traits of leaders
- Adopting and implementing traits of an effective leader
Module 3 - Friday, December 16 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Implicit Biases & Micro-aggressions
- What are they?
- Impact on targets and perpetrators
- Micro-aggressions in employment and education
Module 4 - Friday, January 13, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
All About Salt Lake Community College
- Overview of SLCC Financial Landscape
- Financial Reporting/ Management
- Budget Preparation/ Management
Module 5 - Friday, February 17, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Current Events Applied
- Contemporary Issues within Community Colleges
Module 6 - Thursday, March 2, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Speed of Trust and Project Presentations
- Building trust as leaders
- Leveraging trust as a tool for productivity
- Embedding trust into the culture of the institution
Graduation Reception - Thursday, April 6, 2017 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.