- About the President
- Office Staff/Contact
- College Leadership
- Board of Trustees
- Executive Cabinet
- Invite the President
- Respectus Quotes
- Speeches and Remarks
- Senior Leadership Team
- Standing Committees, Councils, and CWTs
- President's Committee on Inclusivity and Equity
- President's Leadership Institute
- Past Presidents
Speeches and Remarks
In addition to the community boards and organizations President Huftalin is involved in, she is also thrilled to represent Salt Lake Community College and its mission and values by speaking at community and external events and for the news media. President Huftalin has also been honored to be the recipient of awards and recognitions in her time as President. Highlights from her external speaking engagements and recognitions are listed below. If you would like a copy of a speech President Huftalin has given, please contact Cassidy Behling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-957-4225.
- Media Interview, FOX 13 - KSTU, March 2017. Article and video: "SLCC Promise: Free Tuition for Low-Income Students."
- Media Interview, ABC4 - KTVX, February 2017. Article and video: "How SLCC's Promise Program is Making School More Affordable."
- Recipient, Leadership in Education award, Utah Women’s Leadership Celebration, Zions Bank and the Sundance Institute, 2017 Sundance Film Festival
- Moderator, "VocTech – Shortage of Skilled Labor" panel, Trends 2017: The Economy and the Environment at a Crossroad, Urban Land Institute of Utah, Park City, November 2016.
- Speaker, "Get Your Lead On," She Talks Utah: What, How, and Why We Lead, and Why You Should Too!, Utah Women's Leadership Speaker & Dialogue Series, Utah Women & Leadership Project, Utah Valley University, October 2016. Video recording viewable at the Utah Women & Leadership Project YouTube channel.
- Panelist, "Innovation in Education" Panel Discussion, 3rd Annual Utah Solutions Summit, September 2016. Video recording viewable at Senator Mike Lee TV starting at 56:00.
- Guest, "Back to School," The Radical Middle, RadioActive, 90.9fm KRCL, August 15, 2016
- Presenter, “Higher Education Act Reauthorization, New Policies for Changing Community Colleges” Congressional Briefing, sponsored by the American Association of Community Colleges and SLCC, Washington, D.C., June 2016
- Keynote, Envision Utah Annual Corporate Friends Breakfast, April 2016 (addressing SLCC initiatives affecting Utah’s workforce and economy) - Text of speech (PDF)
- Recipient, 2016 Distinguished Alumna, University of Utah
- Speaker, “Create a Singular Path: Defining Leadership in Your Own Voice,” Salt Lake Chamber Business Women’s Forum, March 2016
- Media Interview, Univision 32, March 2016 (discussing SLCC Promise)
- Speaker, “Get Your Lead On,” BYU Women’s Leadership Lecture Series, November 2015
- Panelist, "Improving Career and Technical Education to Help Students Succeed in the Workforce” Hearing; Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education; Education and the Workforce Committee; U.S. House of Representatives; Washington, D.C.; October 2015
- Media Interview, “Fresh Living,” KUTV Channel 2, November 2015 (Utah College Application Week)
- Co-presenter, “Making Open [Open Educational Resources/OER] Work at Salt Lake Community College,” Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Leadership Congress, October 2015. Presentation slides (PDF)
- Presenter, “We Are Educated,” Utah Women’s Summit: A Conference for Women in Business, October 2015
- Keynote, “Parental Involvement in K-12 and Beyond,” Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) Conference for School Administrators and Counselors, September 2015
- Panelist, “Words of Wisdom from Female Presidents,” Advancing Women in Leadership: Waves of Possibilities conference, International Leadership Association (ILA), June 2015
- Presenter, “Emotional Intelligence,” American Association for Women in Community Colleges (AAWCC) LEADERS Institute, 2013-2015
- Keynote, “Plus One Thinking,” Utah Advising Association Conference, May 2015
- Keynote, “Creating and Cultivating Connections,” Utah College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) Conference, April 2015
- Keynote, “Claiming Your Own Essential Elements: Defining Leadership in Your Own Voice,” UWHEN Spring Conference, April 2015
- Media Interview, “What’s Up Utah,” KTMW Channel 20, March 2015
- Panelist, “Transforming the Pathway to the Top: Preparation for CSAOs for the Community College President” and “Women VPSAs: Telling our Truth and Secrets,” NASPA (Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education) Annual Conference, March 2015
- Media Interview, Telemundo Utah Channel 10, February 2015
- Media Interview, “Utah Matters,” KJZZ, February 2015
- Media Interview, “Utah Conversations with Ted Capener,” KUED, February 2015
- Media Interview, “Trib Talk: New SLCC President Deneece Huftalin,” Salt Lake Tribune, January 2015
- Inaugural Address, January 2015 (text of President Huftalin's Inaugural Address; text of Charge to and Investiture of the President by Regent France Davis)
- Panelist, “Creating Opportunity through Expanded Access for First Generation College Students,” Economic Opportunity Forum, University of Utah, November 2014
- Speaker, Honoring Women Veterans, “MAKERS: Women in War” Screening, October 2014
- Co-presenter, “Forging Strong Relationships with Legislative Leaders,” COMBASE Annual Conference, September 2014