- Contact Us
- Policies & Procedures
- Transfer Evaluation
- Transcript Requests
- Registration Appeals
- Institution Completion & Graduation Rates
- Change Major or Personal Info
- Disclosures of Consumer Information
- Student Email (BruinMail) Policy
Drop or Withdraw Class
Check the Academic Calendar for specific deadlines to drop or withdraw from courses.
To Drop or Withdraw from a registered course:
- Log in to your MySLCC and select the Registration tab.
- Under Register for Classes Tools in the upper left, click Add or Drop Classes and scroll to the bottom to view your registered classes under Current Schedule.
- Under Action, select Drop/Web, or Withdraw/Web, from the pull-down menu and click Submit Changes in the lower left. Availability to drop or withdraw will only be open during the drop/withdraw deadlines as listed on the Academic Calendar.
You will receive a refund or adjustment of tuition if you Drop classes by the drop deadline as listed in the Academic Calendar. The class will not show on your permanent record. Exceptions to the Drop policy may be obtained by filing a registration appeal.
If you withdraw from a class on or before the withdraw deadline as listed on the Academic Calendar, it will show as a "W" on your transcript and will not be calculated in your GPA. No tuition refund or adjustment is made for withdrawals. Exceptions to the withdraw policy may be obtained by filing a registration appeal.
Failure to Drop/Withdraw
Be sure to drop or withdraw from classes you no longer wish to attend as soon as possible. Failure to drop or withdraw by the deadlines as listed in the Academic Calendar, will result in being charged full tuition and fees for the course and may negatively impact your GPA, such as an “E” grade in the course. No tuition refund or adjustment is made for withdrawals.
Administrative Drop for Non-Attendance
You may be dropped from a class if you do not attend during the first week, or log in to online classes within the first five days. However, if you want to stay in a class and you cannot attend during the first week contact your instructor.