Welcome to ESL testing. Plan on 2.5 hours to take the test. You’ll need a government-issued, photo ID and SLCC Student Number.
- Grammar Reading test: 75 multiple-choice questions, 45 minutes.
- Listening test: 30 multiple-choice, pre-recorded questions or scenarios, 35 minutes.
- Reading Comprehension test: 32 written multiple-choice questions, 60 minutes.
- English Listening Practice Lessons
- CASAS Level 1, 2 & 3 Practice Listening Activities
- CELSA Practice Exercises
Taking the test and enrolling in the SAT
- Complete an online Application for Admission and pay the $40 fee. Your Student Number will be generated in 1-2 business days; you can get it by visiting our offices, waiting for a letter in the mail, or by accessing it online.
- Schedule a time to take the ESL test (CASAS) at one of the following locations and times.
- 8 a.m. or 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Call 801-957-3267 to schedule a time
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, or 9 a.m. Thursday
- Call 801-957-2117 to schedule a time
- Meet with an SAT advisor to review your test scores/ESL and tuition cost estimate.
- Pay tuition at any SLCC Cashier Services offices.
- Visit your advisor again with your tuition-payment receipt to schedule classes and your SAT orientation.
For more information, contact 801-957-3267 or SAT-Testing@slcc.edu.