National Police Officer Selection Test (NPOST)
The NPOST has four separately timed sections. The first three — math, reading comprehension, and grammar — use multiple-choice and true/false formats. The fourth section, incident report writing, requires you to write answers in complete sentences. The test takes about 1.5 hours and cost $30.
Prior knowledge of law or law enforcement is not necessary to answer the questions. You can practice by reviewing the study guide and sample questions.
Taking the test
You can take the test at the South City Campus.
- The test is given only on a walk-in basis at South City Campus.
South City Campus
- The NPOST is offered on a walk-in basis. You cannot make an appointment.
- The test is offered at 5:45 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, except when SLCC is closed.
- You should come about 30 minutes early to pay the $30 fee and fill out the registration form at the first floor ID Center.
- The test is given in room 2-153 of the South City Campus.
- Info on Parking
Request copies of your NPOST results from South City Campus
- Visit South City Campus with a photo ID and pay $10 at the Cashier’s office, for 6 copies.
Send to another person, agency or organization
- Send a completed Release of Information form and $10 check to:
SLCC School of Applied Technology
ATTN: Rosie Summerhays
1575 S. State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
For further assistance, contact NPOST@slcc.edu.