National Police Officer Selection Test (NPOST)
The NPOST has four separately timed sections. The first three — math, reading comprehension, and grammar — use multiple-choice and true/false formats. The fourth section, incident report writing, requires you to write answers in complete sentences. The test takes about 1.5 hours and cost $30.
Taking the test
You can take the test at the South City Campus.
- The test is given only on a walk-in basis at South City Campus.
South City Campus
- The NPOST is offered on a walk-in basis. You cannot make an appointment.
- The test is offered at 5:45 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, except when SLCC is closed.
- You should come about 30 minutes early to pay the $30 fee and fill out the registration form at the first floor ID Center.
- The test is given in room 2-153 of the South City Campus.
- Info on Parking
Request copies of your NPOST results from South City Campus
In person Requests for Duplicate Copies
- Visit South City Campus with a photo ID and pay $10 at the Cashier’s office, for 6 copies.
Send to another person, agency or organization
- Complete a Release of Information form
- Pay $10 (SLCC U-Pay E-commerce) to the South City Campus Cashier’s office
- Send a completed Release of Information form and $10 check to:
SLCC School of Applied Technology
ATTN: Rosie Summerhays
1575 S. State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
For further assistance, contact NPOST@slcc.edu.