National Police Officer Selection Test (NPOST)
The NPOST has four separately timed sections. The first three — math, reading comprehension, and grammar — use multiple-choice and true/false formats. The fourth section, incident report writing, requires you to write answers in complete sentences. The test takes about 1.5 hours and cost $30.
Taking the test
You can take the test at the South City Campus.
- The test is given only on a walk-in basis at South City Campus.
South City Campus
- The NPOST is offered on a walk-in basis. You cannot make an appointment.
- The test is offered at 5:45 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, except when SLCC is closed. Notice: Please note that it takes a minimum of 10 minutes to check-in. All prospective examinees must arrive in the testing center by no later than 5:30 p.m. with their registration form filled out and payment slip in hand.
- You should come about 30 minutes early to pay the $30 fee and fill out the registration form at the first floor ID Center.
- Sitting starts at 5:40 a.m. Notice: Please note that the ID center/info desk where you fill out the registration form and pay is on the first floor on the opposite side of the building. Please come in early to make sure you have time to park, fill out necessary paperwork, pay and find the testing center.
- The test is given in room 2-153 of the South City Campus.
- Info on Parking
Request copies of your NPOST results from South City Campus
In person Requests for Duplicate Copies
- Visit South City Campus with a photo ID and pay $10 at the Cashier’s office, for 6 copies.
Send to another person, agency or organization
- Complete a Release of Information form
- Pay $10 (SLCC U-Pay E-commerce) to the South City Campus Cashier’s office
- Send a completed Release of Information form and $10 check to:
SLCC School of Applied Technology
ATTN: Rosie Summerhays
1575 S. State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
For further assistance, contact NPOST@slcc.edu.