Career and Student Employment Services
Services to Students
SLCC Career and Student Employment Services is committed to providing quality service to students seeking employment. Although employment cannot be guaranteed, SLCC provides assistance to students seeking training-related and career employment, and to students seeking part-time, temporary, and non-training related employment. SLCC Career and Student Employment Services recognizes the need to help students prepare to compete successfully for employment by offering job seeking skills workshops. SLCC Career and Student Employment Services include the following:
- Development of employment opportunities for SLCC students
- Updated listings of employer request (job orders) posted in strategic areas throughout all the SLCC campuses, sites, and online at Job List
- Interviewers to help match student skills with employer requests
- Workshops to teach job search strategies, resume writing, interview techniques, job retention skills, networking, and job search techniques
- Mock interviews
- Labor market information
- Appropriate referrals to service agencies
Job listings available online
Student Employment Registration Information
If you are a current SLCC student or alumni of one year or less you are eligible to receive information about the job opportunities that are posted on this web site. Please visit one of the Career and Student Employment Services offices for additional information.
Services to Students with Disabilities
SLCC is committed to providing services to students with disabilities. Through the resources of the Career and Student Employment Services office, and through active participation in state and federal grant programs, SLCC provides employment services to persons who are recognized as having barriers to employment.
Services for International Students
International Students may work part-time on campus (up to 20 hours per week). Information on procedures to work on campus must be obtained from the International Student Services office. International students wishing to work off campus must qualify, and be authorized, through International Student Services.