Student Life and Leadership
Why Should You Get an Internship?
Getting an internship helps you learn valuable traits about yourself and ultimately if this job, position, and/or major is the right fit for you.
Internships can help you learn what you do and do not want to do for the rest of your life. They give you just enough of a sample to help you decide if the major you’ve picked is really the right one for you. It will also:
- Provide career related work experiences. The internships usually last one semester.
- Provide opportunities to sample the industry before making a commitment.
- Give you the experiences and skills that are needed to be marketable.
- Help you gain a competitive edge when entering the job market.
- Give you the opportunity to receive academic credit.
- Set you apart from the crowd. Experience is experience. A good GPA on a resume is great but add an internship to it and your resume will be on top.
Find Out More
Why Should you Get an Internship?