Outstanding Staff Awards
The purpose of the Staff Association (SA) Outstanding Staff Awards is to annually recognize the remarkable contributions of our full-time and part-time staff employees while supporting the mission of the College and its strategic priorities.
- Sustain the mission of the College by maintaining an environment committed to teaching and learning
- Continue to encourage continued superior service and contributions by our staff
- Present staff who can serve as role models and mentors
- Recognize and celebrate outstanding service and contributions
By presenting the Outstanding Staff Awards to exempt and non-exempt, full-time and part-time staff employees, the SLCC Staff Association supports the
Strategic Priority I – Enhance Quality Higher Education
Objective I D Implement a College-wide professional development plan that addresses:
- Retention of quality employees
- Equal access to opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Performance improvement through meaningful evaluation
- Innovation of College programs and processes
Membership of the Outstanding Staff Awards Selection Committee as selected by the Staff Association Outstanding Staff Awards Task Force: 3 members of the Executive Staff Association Board – President-elect designated as chair, 2 previous Outstanding Staff awardees and 2 randomly selected employees from the staff at large (1 full time and 1 part time employee). Nominees for the Outstanding Staff Award must meet the minimum requirements:
- Be in a full time position for a minimum of two years. (FT award qualifier)
- Be in a part time position for three years. (PT award qualifier)
- Be nominated by any SLCC employee.
Nominees may be recognized for numerous years though may only receive a monetary award for the first year at each level of selection. Awardees may win at both the Full-Time and Part-Time levels if their employment changes and they meet the qualifiers at their subsequent new level of employment.Incomplete nominations will not be reviewed. Supportive narrative on how the nominee meets the criteria of outstanding is required for scoring.Multiple endorsements for one nominee are welcome though they will be scored as one nomination.If a nominee is a member of the Outstanding Staff Awards Task Force or Selection Committee, he/she has the option of declining the nomination and staying on or accepting the nomination and resigning.
Distribution of the Awards:
Full-Time staff: There will be some awards of $500 each for full-time staff. Exempt and Non-exempt full-time staff members qualify for the awards.
Part-Time staff: There will be some awards of $250 each to recognize the contributions of part-time staff members.
Timeline (dates change yearly): March 1 – Call for nominations available on lineMarch 31 - Deadline for applicationsMay 3 - Awards will be presented at the Employee Recognition Day.