Brent M. Andrus, MBA
After twenty plus years in private industry as either a sales or marketing manager in businesses as diverse as financial services, small appliances, fast food franchising, medical products and corporate training, I shifted my focus to higher education. The first course I taught was Macroeconomics at Stevens Henager College in Ogden, Utah. After teaching a few more classes in Finance, Management and Marketing, I was hooked! I have been teaching now for nearly thirteen years, covering all business disciplines including accounting (after teaching two classes of accounting I decided it was better to leave it to experts like Bob Burdette).
Following three years of both part- and full-time teaching, I was asked to manage the entire business program at Stevens Henager as the Associate Dean of Business. I also served as advisor to our Phi Beta Lambda chapter (Future Business Leaders college division) for three years, taking many students to state and national competitions. Since leaving Stevens Henager, I have continued to teach while pursuing other opportunities in higher education. I worked for nearly four years as an account manager in the college text publishing and software industry for Cengage Learning, connecting with colleges and universities throughout Utah and Idaho. I have recently worked as a classroom technology consultant for K-12 and higher education for Logical Choice Technologies, headquartered in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
In 2007, while working for Cengage Learning, I visited Bob Cox, then the SLCC Division Chair in the business school. It was the first week of fall semester and he was concerned that he had no instructor for a microeconomics course beginning the following Monday night. I volunteered, was hired on the spot, and the rest is history (I think the semester was half over before all the hiring paperwork caught up with me). Since then, I have taught at least one class at SLCC every semester (including summer).
Currently, I split my teaching activities between SLCC and LDS Business College, and have now been given the distinct honor to work as the marketing mentor for STUDENTfacturED. I have a passion for marketing, and I am excited to once again work with students in a real hands-on learning environment.
- BS, Business Administration, Marketing Emphasis, Weber State University, 1977
- MBA, University of Phoenix, Salt Lake City, UT, 1993
- District Sales Manager/Key Account Manager, The Hoover Company, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Senior Associate, Registered Principal, WMA Securities, Layton, Utah
- Marketing Director, National Co-Branding Director, Nach-O Fast, Inc., Bountiful, Utah
- Director of Franchise Sales, The Taco Maker, Inc., Ogden, Utah
- Regional Manager, The PACE Group, Kaysville, Utah
- Marketing Manager, Valley Medical Products, Fruit Heights, Utah
- BYU Management Society, member Salt Lake Chapter
- Mentor/Judge Collegiate DECA
- Adult Volunteer, Boy Scouts of America
- Former President, 501c(3) genealogical foundation
- Former Chapter Advisor / Professional Member, Phi Beta Lambda
- Former Member, American Marketing Association
- Former Member, American Society for Training and Development