- Why SLCC?
- Programs & Degrees
- Career Planning
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Admission Steps
Step 1 - Admission
Complete an Application for Admission and submit it with a non-refundable $40 application fee before registering for classes if you have:
- never attended Salt Lake Community College
- not attended for more than three years (nine terms) including the term of your last enrollment
You can now apply for the 2nd Half Fall term (classes start October 13) or Spring 2015 terms.
*If you have applied or attended SLCC within the past three years, submit Admission Update Form.
**The online application will open in a new tab or window. Return to Step 2 after completing Admission Application.
No application deadlines apply to the School of Applied Technology and other noncredit programs.
Application for admission is valid for three years (nine consecutive terms such as spring, summer, and fall) after the term of admission.
Students who do not attend classes during their term of admission but wish to attend a different valid admission term should update their application by submitting an Admission Update Application. If a student does not complete a class during the three year period of valid admission, the student must re-apply for admission by the desired term’s application deadline (and submit the $40 non-refundable application fee), meet placement assessment requirements, check for any curriculum changes that have occurred since they last attended and adhere to the graduation requirements in the current catalog. Students who complete classes during the three year period of valid admission remain eligible to register for three years (nine consecutive terms) from the term of their last enrollment and do not need to re-apply if attending in any of those nine terms but may need to complete an Admission Update Application.
Who do I call for more information? For more information, please call (801) 957-4073
Step 2 - Apply for Financial Aid
Will you apply for financial aid?
All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Students should apply as early as possible as the process can take several weeks to complete.
Note: Not all programs offered at SLCC are eligible for financial aid. Please check with the Financial Aid office to determine if your program is eligible.
*The online application will open in a new tab or window.
Click here for detailed information
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a government website and there is no charge to complete the application. Students should be wary of any “pay to apply’ sites.
When applying for FAFSA what types of aid am I applying for?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) aids students in applying for grants, loans, College Work Study and some scholarships.
Step 3 - Complete New Student OrientationFirst-time freshmen must complete mandatory new student orientation before registering for classes, however, all new students are expected to complete an orientation before class registration. Early participation in orientation will allow for early class registration.
QuickConnect is a 90-minute, in-person orientation offered year-round at various times and campuses.
Have you completed orientation?
* Will open the Orientation website in a new tab or window.
Completing a new student orientation allows you to register for classes up to 8 weeks earlier than any other new students can register!
The theme of SLCC’s orientations is "Connections." We are here to help you make connections at SLCC. We will introduce you to registration procedures along with available services, resources and facilities.
Choose one of these options:
Attend a free 90 minute orientation session offered morning, afternoons, and evenings at various locations. Sessions are offered throughout the year.
Important topics covered include:
• Using the catalog and class schedule, understanding registrationThis option is designed to give you the information you need to get registered successfully. A follow-up advising appointment is recommended.
• How to get student ID, parking permit & books
• How to get involved on campus
• Registration assistance & advising referrals
Available all year - FREE
Ideally, we'd like to see you on campus for orientation, but we realize that this isn't an option for everyone. This NetConnect orientation is good for students unable to attend one of the sessions and transfer students who are already familiar with college experience. Please be aware that a follow-up advising appointment is recommended.
Step 4 - Meet with an Academic Advisor
Advisors are available to meet with you during your academic journey at SLCC.
To get you started, they will:
- Interpret your placement scores and show you the sequencing of math, reading and English courses.
- Help you create an educational plan and set up a class schedule.
- Explain career and major options as well as transfer information.
- Inform you about resources available at the College and in the community.
Have you met with an advisor?
* Will open the Academic Advising website in a new tab or window.
Taylorsville Redwood Campus STC 240
South City Campus W 138
Jordan Campus HTC 160A
Register for Classes
Step 5 - Create MyPage Account & Register for Classes
- Login to MyPage (if needed, select "Get your username and password (New Users)" and follow instructions)
- Select Student tab
- Under Registration Tools, select Look Up Classes to search for courses
- Select a Term and Submit
- Select Subject and click Course Search
- Select View Sections next to the course you want to add to your schedule
- Select box to the left of the desired class and click Register
- OR If you know CRNs: select Add/Drop Classes under Registration Tools
- Type CRNs and Submit Changes
- If the class is full add it to Waitlist (WL)
Have you created your MyPage account and registered for classes?
Step 6 - Get Your "OneCard"
You must be currently registered (enrolled in classes) and show positive photo ID to obtain a OneCard. OneCard is the official ID card for the College.
Have you gotten your OneCard?
*Clicking on more info will take you to the OneCard website in a new tab or window.
OneCard LocationsJordan Campus, HTC (Information Desk)
Taylorsville Redwood Campus, STC (Information Desk)
South City Campus (Room E148)
Services• Official ID card of Salt Lake Community College
• Access to activities and events
• Library card
• Debit card for on campus purchases at Food Services, College Store, The Lair, vending machines, Copy Center, LAC and more.
• Pay tuition
• Voting for student elections
• Computer lab access and printing services
• Test taking at Testing Center
• and more...
Step 7 - Purchase your Parking Permit
Parking permits are REQUIRED at many of the SLCC campuses. Parking without a permit is available at parking meters. To obtain a parking permit, bring in your current vehicle registration.
Purchase your UTA Ed-Pass
SLCC in partnership with UTA's Ed-Pass Program is providing its students, staff and faculty an Ed-pass for use with TRAX and UTA buses. To purchase your pass please follow these steps.
Have you purchased your parking permit?
*Clicking on more info will take you to the Parking Services website in a new tab or window.
UTA BUS PASSES
Salt Lake Community College in partnership with UTA's Ed-Pass Program is providing its students, staff and faculty an ed-pass for use with TRAX and UTA buses. The ed-pass can also be used for a discounted fare on UTA express buses and Frontrunner.
Passes can be purchased online with a credit or debit card at: http://www.slcc.edu/onecard/utaedpass.aspx. To pick up a pass purchased online, a receipt and current student ID (One Card) must be presented to any of the Information Desk/ID Centers at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood, South City, or Jordan campuses.
Step 8 - Tuition Payment Options:
- Pay online through MyPage with a check, savings account transfer or credit card
- Pay by phone (801) 957-3914 with a credit or debit card
- Pay by mail with a checks or money order payable to SLCC. Print Student ID (S#) on the top of the check:
Salt Lake Community College
PO Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808
- Visit one of the five cashier locations and pay in person.
If you would like to divide your tuition into smaller payments, apply for the Semester Tuition Installment Loan (STIL).
Have you paid your tuition?
*Clicking on payment options or STIL application will open a new tab or window.