- Why SLCC?
- Programs & Degrees
- Career Planning
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Admission Steps
Veterans Services & Veterans Center
The SLCC Veterans Center, located on the Taylorsville Redwood Campus, offers comprehensive one-stop veteran support services. You’ll also find a lounge and study area for all veterans and dependents to use while attending school.
- Assistance with VA benefits application, SLCC forms and student computer systems
- One-on-one orientation and review of all Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) policies and procedures
- Assistance in determination of class eligibility for VA educational benefits
- Approval of new VA educational benefits applications takes 60-90 days.
- AS, AA and AAS degree programs are approved for VA benefits, as are many Certificate and Diploma programs.
- Notify Veterans Office each semester by mail or email of your intent to use benefits, and provide class schedules and personal contact updates.
- Students are required to attend classes and make satisfactory progress. Monthly pay during the semester is based upon class attendance.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA for continuing benefits; failure to achieve a 2.0 GPA results in suspension of pay.
- Veterans receiving Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 benefits must verify attendance to the DVA on the last day of each month to receive pay.
For further information regarding benefits, visit www.gibill.va.gov.