Thank you for your interest in Salt Lake Community College's Surgical Technology program. As the advisors, we are happy to assist you in navigating through the pre-admissions process for this program.
Before scheduling an appointment, or visiting us during our walk-ins hours, please print and review the Admissions Criteria handouts as many frequently asked questions will be answered.
To schedule an appointment with the Surgical Technology Academic Advisor please go to https://dmills5.youcanbook.me/. You are also welcome to meet with a general advisor at any time, especially if you are not set on pursuing this particular degree. For other advising locations and hours, please visit the Academic and Career Advising website.
Please come prepared to your advising session with a Surgical Technology advisor-
- It is highly recommended that prospective students first apply to SLCC (complete steps 1-3)
- Complete the accuplacer placement test, or submit current ACT/SAT test scores, if MATH and ENGL coursework have not been transferred to SLCC. Bring your test results with you (we are able to assist you in creating an accurate course plan having this step completed)
- Print and bring the Admissions Criteria handout
- Print and bring the Surgical Technology Catalog page
- Be familiar with the Academic Calendar (for add/drop/withdrawal due dates, tuition due dates, etc.)
- Bring a government issued photo ID
- Prepare a list of questions and bring it with you
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will be rescheduled. Please be on time.
- There is no free parking at the Jordan Campus. A day parking pass may be purchased at the courtesy desk.
- Our appointment times fill up quickly. Please plan ahead.
We look forward to meeting with you and assisting you in your academic pursuits!